Mid-Market Account Manager
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
VelocityEHS is looking for a Mid-Market/SMB Account Manager to join our Mid-Market/SMB sales team acting as a trusted advisor and bringing value to our current customers. You will partner with and sell to current VelocityEHS customers in the Mid-Market/SMB segment. You will be dedicated to making our customers safer and seeking opportunities for growth. Although you possess a strategic approach to selling and strive to meet/exceed revenue goals, you will always have our customers’ best interest in mind and act as their internal advocate to ensure they are set up for success. A passion for helping our customers get their workers home safe is paramount. You will interact with and present to senior decision makers, including C-level executives, Safety, IT, Finance and Operations in the sales process. As the main point of contact to our Mid-Market/SMB customers, the Mid-Market/SMB Account Manager will conduct executive level discussions related to the customer’s EHS program and the entire suite of VelocityEHS solutions. In order to ensure our customers, generate the highest return on their investment, the Mid-Market/SMB Account Manager will leverage a team selling approach by collaborating across the company to best serve the customer.
- Partner with Mid-Market/SMB business customers to build strong relationships, develop roadmap for enhancing their EHS program, and defining their solution needs.
- Build long-lasting strong relationships with key stakeholders and senior level executives from small to medium size companies
- Maintain knowledge of relevant client requirements, company events and inform VEHS team as needed
- Prioritize accounts and buyers within a territory based on ideal customer profile, propensity to buy
- Build and maintain an accurate pipeline of qualified opportunities (> 3x quota)
- Follow-up a prescriptive sales playbook with defined sales stages, talking points, etc.
- Lead a qualified prospect through a discovery call, demo, and scope a potential solution offering based on the customer need
- Manage opportunities and close deals within a defined timeframe
- Collaborate with your internal partners on the account. (Customer Success, Solutions Consultants, Renewals, Support, and Marketing)
- Assist with customer support and renewal as needed
- Travel, present, “work” the booth and sell in a trade show or event setting
- 3-5+ years of closing, quota-carrying, sales experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Experience with SaaS sales
- Experience with Salesforce.com platform
- Experience within the environmental health and safety industry
- Experience carrying a revenue target with the ability to develop compelling strategies that deliver results
- Excellent communication, negotiation and forecasting skills
- Demonstrated ability to find and manage high-level business in an evangelistic sales environment
- Ability to gather and use data to inform decision making and persuade others
- Ability to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers
- Ability to orchestrate the closure of business with an accurate understanding of prospect needs
- Ability to include multiple partners and members of the company management team using competitive selling to position company products against direct and indirect competitors
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride.
Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, Work from Home, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]