Mid-Market Account Manager
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
Hiring Sales Reps for 2022 September/October new hire classes.
VelocityEHS is looking for a Mid-Market Account Manager to join our Mid-Market/SMB sales team acting as a trusted advisor and bringing value to our current customers. You will partner with and sell to current VelocityEHS customers in the Mid-Market/SMB segment. You will be dedicated to making our customers safer and seeking opportunities for growth. Although you possess a strategic approach to selling and strive to meet/exceed revenue goals, you will always have our customers’ best interest in mind and act as their internal advocate to ensure they are set up for success. A passion for helping our customers get their workers home safe is paramount. You will interact with and present to senior decision makers, including C-level executives, Safety, IT, Finance and Operations in the sales process. As the main point of contact to our Mid-Market/SMB customers, the Mid-Market/SMB Account Manager will conduct executive level discussions related to the customer’s EHS program and the entire suite of VelocityEHS solutions. In order to ensure our customers, generate the highest return on their investment, the Mid-Market/SMB Account Manager will leverage a team selling approach by collaborating across the company to best serve the customer.
- Partner with Mid-Market/SMB business customers to build strong relationships, develop roadmap for enhancing their EHS program, and defining their solution needs.
- Build long-lasting strong relationships with key stakeholders and senior level executives from small to medium size companies
- Maintain knowledge of relevant client requirements, company events and inform VEHS team as needed
- Prioritize accounts and buyers within a territory based on ideal customer profile, propensity to buy
- Build and maintain an accurate pipeline of qualified opportunities (> 3x quota)
- Follow-up a prescriptive sales playbook with defined sales stages, talking points, etc.
- Lead a qualified prospect through a discovery call, demo, and scope a potential solution offering based on the customer need
- Manage opportunities and close deals within a defined timeframe
- Collaborate with your internal partners on the account. (Customer Success, Solutions Consultants, Renewals, Support, and Marketing)
- Assist with customer support and renewal as needed
- Travel, present, “work” the booth and sell in a trade show or event setting
- 3-5+ years of closing, quota-carrying, sales experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Experience with SaaS sales
- Experience with Salesforce.com platform
- Experience within the environmental health and safety industry
- Experience carrying a revenue target with the ability to develop compelling strategies that deliver results
- Excellent communication, negotiation and forecasting skills
- Demonstrated ability to find and manage high-level business in an evangelistic sales environment
- Ability to gather and use data to inform decision making and persuade others
- Ability to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers
- Ability to orchestrate the closure of business with an accurate understanding of prospect needs
- Ability to include multiple partners and members of the company management team using competitive selling to position company products against direct and indirect competitors
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and
compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment. Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals,
we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some
highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
• Generous time off programs
• Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
• Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
• Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
• Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
• Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color,
national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible
formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]