Machine Learning Scientist
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
VelocityEHS is a world pioneer Software Developer company in Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) domain. We are building cutting edge machine learning solutions into our software products to elevate the experience of our customers and enhance the capabilities of our products.
As a machine learning scientist on this growing team, you will take on a role in the Natural Language Processing (NLP) projects at VelocityEHS. We are developing NLP components that cover a wide range of languages, and play a central role in context interpretation, named entity recognition, sentiment analysis, feature extraction, event classification, and cross-reference similarity assessment.
You will build relationships with stakeholders and partner teams across multiple departments, analyze natural language data, select suitable rule-based or machine-learning-based techniques and advise team members as they make improvements, closing the loop through data, model, application and customer feedback.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Design and implement natural language processing algorithms to solve complex use cases in traditional industrial scenarios,
- Iterate existing and developed algorithms by error cases review and analysis,
- Test, evaluate and refine the complete pipelines regarding accuracy and efficiency,
- Collaborate with end-user and product owners to understand, break down and prioritize research tasks.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
Experience with designing, training, fine-tuning, and modifying models using popular deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc)
- Degree in a quantitative field (computer science, mathematics, machine learning, etc)
- 2+ years experience using NLP techniques, including but not limited to Deep Learning (Attention models, Transformers, Word2Vec models, CNN/RNN models, etc)
- 2+ years experience implementing machine learning related techniques using Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Ph.D. or M.Sc in Machine Learning, Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Mathematics or a relevant quantitative area with specialization in natural language processing
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, 100% work from home, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]