Intern, Product Management
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates in the United States and Canada*
VelocityEHS has an exciting and challenging summer internship program opportunity for an Intern, Product Management, that will provide valuable, hands-on experience in Product Management. Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada.
Our Product Managers are passionate about solving problems for our customers that make workplaces safer and more sustainable. We act as the voice of the user for the rest of the organization connecting our customers to our business strategy, software development, and go-to-market execution. You will be part of a team that is solving problems for our users, analyzing user data to help drive prioritization and decision-making, and delivering new product enhancements to market.
As a Product Management Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn and engage in product management best practices and the agile scrum software development methodology. You will develop skills and experience in data analysis, communication, market research, and business strategy. You will also be exposed to many other departments through interactions with internal stakeholders, giving you an appreciation for all of the functions that make up a successful software company.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work as an effective team member, collaborating with a variety of internal stakeholders
- Surface product insights from support, customer engagements, sales opportunities, user analytics data, market research, and other sources
- Discuss and debate new ideas and opportunities to address customer needs
- Collaborate with scrum team to develop and iterate on solutions from initial concept through execution and delivery
- Support internal communications to keep stakeholders informed of progress and changes in
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be pursuing a degree or certification from a community college, technical college or university and in good academic standing at time the internship begins.
- Interest in learning and applying product management best practices to user and business problems
- Curiosity in how things work and how people think
- Eagerness to learn and take initiative
- Thoughtful and effective communicator
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Preferably in 3rd or 4th year
- Curiosity and passion for developing great products in complex domains
- Experience with data analysis
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, 100% work from home, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]