Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates in the United States and Canada*
VelocityEHS has an exciting and challenging summer internship program opportunity for an Intern, FP&A that will provide valuable, hands-on experience in financial analysis. The VelocityEHS internship program is designed to provide real-world experience directly related to your academic discipline and career goals to provide you with a better understanding of your career options.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork, and follow-through. If you have these qualities and can learn quickly and apply what you learn to what you do, then this is the job for you – check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform focused analysis and other special projects as directed by the CFO and CEO.
- Conduct analytical research and summarize findings for executive review.
- Assist in driving analytics and communication to internal stakeholders and business leaders to identify trends as well as relevant risks, opportunities, and recommendations.
- Assist in process improvements in planning, reporting, forecasting, and analysis to drive efficiencies, improve data integrity and derive insights to support business leadership decision making.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be pursuing a degree or certification from a community college, technical college, or university and in good academic standing at time the internship begins.
- Currently pursuing a BA or BS in Business Management, Accounting, Finance or related degree with a GPA of 3.5 or above
- Familiarity with financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows) and strong quantitative skills
- Confident self-starter and quick learner who can operate minimal supervision, is comfortable with ambiguity and very adaptable
- High School Diploma, 3.5 GPA or above
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Preferable to have progressed to Year 3 curriculum of a 4-year program.
- Interest in the SaaS industry.
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, 100% work from home, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]