GraphQL Software Developer
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
VelocityEHS is seeking an experienced a GraphQL/NodeJS/Apollo Developer to build and maintain a centralized GraphQL API gateway using Apollo. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Build, maintain and deploy Apollo unified gateway for aggregated queries across multiple microservices
- Work collaboratively with scrum team members, enterprise architects, software developers and QA analysts to deliver required aggregated GraphQL gateway services
- Develop templates for re-use to extend and expand API gateway services.
- Work well to solve problems with little supervision
- Adapt quickly to the dynamic needs of our teams
- Possess a keen eye for detail, creative thinking, exceptional problem-solving
- Have excellent communication skills are essential when working with the teams and fellow software developers to bring requirements to life
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to project plan and prioritize resource allocation
- Completing delegated tasks, maintaining strict adherence to product roadmap schedule
- Maintaining software development processes
- Provide code level support for client care issues
- Analyzing product requirements
- Maintaining high level of product quality
- Collaborate with our database software developers to ensure backend functionality maintains middle and frontend integrity
- Support QA analysts by tracking and addressing bugs during testing process
- Aid in managing internal resources
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Software Development
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of coding experience with 1-2 years of GraphQL/Node.js development
- Previous experience developing with GraphQL APIs
- Ability to debug and solve complex problems with minimal oversite
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work outside standard hours for a special project
- High attention to detail
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]