Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
At VelocityEHS we are seeking a Front-End Architect to support the growth of the tech organization. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems. You will be part of a growing architecture and development team, developing the next generation products and setting the standards used throughout the organization. This position will be working closely with enterprise architects, application developers, database developers, QA team, Business Analysts as well as product owners and the DevOps team.
As a Front-End Architect at VelocityEHS, you will have the ability to showcase your passion for architecture while delivering innovative products. Combined with mentoring the front-end development teams. While working with a diverse network of technologists, you will participate in the creation and presentation of technical designs as well as help to set the architectural direction for the company’s many development teams. Your ability to think strategically while developing high performing, Single Page Applications (SPA) and working with the enterprise architecture team will help take your career to the next level.
- Lead in the delivery of complex solutions
- Lead teams through planning activities to break the product vision into discrete blocks of work for implementation
- Demonstrate creativity and takes initiative in solving complex problems
- Establish, own, and drive SPA architecture throughout the organization
- Design, propose, and lead the implementation of upgrades for existing applications to achieve a standardized architecture across the enterprise
- Mentor the development teams through code reviews, documentation, and technical guidance
- Influence technical peers by introducing new frameworks, patterns, and training
- 5+ years of experience in building production ReactJS web applications
- 4+ years of experience with TypeScript
- 4+ years of experience working with RESTful APIs using JSON
- 2+ years of experience with OpenID (OAuth) using JWT
- A strong understanding of design patterns
- Fluent in current best practices in front end architecture design
- Experience implementing unit testing within a web application development team
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and adapt to changes in priority as needed
- Ability to work in an agile development environment
- Strong desire for continuous learning and personal growth
- Experience GraphQL and Apollo Gateway a plus
- Experience NodeJS a plus
- Experience AWS and Azure cloud platforms a plus
- Experience writing either Java or .Net applications a plus
- Experience with AB Test frameworks
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride.
Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, Work from Home, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]