Posted on October 13, 2022
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
VelocityEHS is the leader in developing Environmental Health & Safety Solutions; our goal is to provide value to our customers and the Financial Analyst will be responsible for creating annual business plans and quarterly forecasts. We find satisfaction not only in creating innovative solutions but in the product we provide and the environment in which we work. VelocityEHS is known for having a fun and energetic company culture. This culture is paired with ambitious principles that demand teamwork and sharp problem-solving skills. Our dedication to providing this type of environment is what helped us reach the Chicago Tribune’s list of Top Workplaces of 2018. If you’re interested in becoming a part of our team, apply now!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with AD of FP&A, SFA, and leadership across the organization on the creation of annual
business plan and quarterly forecasts – 30%
- Internal reporting & analysis – 40%
- Support preparation of monthly & quarterly executive and board meeting materials
• Top-line performance by the sales team & product
- SaaS metrics (e.g., gross/net retention, churn)
- BvA and detailed spend analysis for business users
- Ad hoc projects & analysis – 30
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of accounting & financial analysis experience
- Strong work ethic, high attention to detail, self-motivated, team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with EPM/CPM systems (Workday Adaptive Planning, Prophix, Planful, etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of 3 statement financial model
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years in public accounting OR FP&A role, ideally within a B2B SaaS company
- Understanding of SaaS financial metrics such as CAC, retention, MRR, pipeline, etc.
- Experience with Workday Adaptive Planning is a huge plus
- Exposure to M&A (normalized EBITDA, NWC, debt) and foreign currency is desirable
- Understanding of GAAP revenue recognition principles for SaaS companies
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS), and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. VelocityEHS does not accept unsolicited headhunters and agency resumes. VelocityEHS will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with VelocityEHS.