Posted on July 13, 2022
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States.
Emergency Response Service (ERS) Operator is tasked with answering a multi-line telephone system and triaging emergency and non-emergency calls. This full-time position supports VelocityEHS primarily by being the main, daily point of contact with callers needing medical assistance or reporting incidents. The ERS operator also works with department leadership to continuously improve quality assurance processes and promote efficiency within the department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Call Center Operations (All training provided!)
- Answer multi-line telephone system in Emergency Response Center to triage emergency and non-emergency calls per client SOPs
- Provide first aid and cleanup procedures per SDS or ERG during emergencies
- Complete incident reports including spill reporting and notifications to governmental, state, and private sector clients
- Familiarity of emergency procedures in the event of technical difficulties to facilitate 24 hour operation of the Emergency Response Call Center
- Assist Emergency Response Supervisors in developing more efficient ways to process calls and complete reports.
After Hours Operations
- Continuous monitoring of call center environment including periodic testing of all incoming lines
- Monitoring of server temperature during off peak hours and notification
- Monitor administrative line
- Process credit card payments for Subscribers during off hours
Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Obtainment and Indexing
- Engage in SDS obtainment, standard indexing, and special indexing projects
- Process data entry for SDS submitted by clients or authored by ChemTel assigned by
Data Entry Supervisors
- Instruct clients on how to submit SDS for processing
- Work with manufacturers to procure SDS for clients
- Increase obtainment success rates by reviewing vendor and internal obtainment efforts to identify issues or opportunities for improvement
Email When Shipped/Fax When Shipped
- Process submissions by clients to Email when shipped program to assist clients in the event of a hazardous materials transportation incident
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of call center experience
- High degree of accuracy with exceptional attention to detail
- Must be able to work four 10 hours shifts a week, including at least one weekend day and holidays.
- Must be able to train on Days/Afternoons. After approximately 6 months, you may be placed on Night shift.
- Energetic, innovative, flexible and adaptive
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Explorer)
- Knowledgeable with Adobe Acrobat/Distiller (PDF)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in poison control or as a 911 operator
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and
sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative
on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do
their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From
manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them
at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up
mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee
the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits
package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]