Enterprise Project Manager
Posted on November 23, 2022
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
The Enterprise Project Manager plays a key leadership role in projects that drive the organization’s business objectives. To do this they must work closely with their team members and business stakeholders to ensure all project requirements, schedules, and budgets are on track. They must also be skilled in making efficient use of their team members time and carefully balancing that time between clashing priorities. The Enterprise Project Manager possesses business acumen and sophisticated analytic thinking, advance knowledge of project management system capabilities/integrations, and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members at all levels, including executive leadership. Projects that achieve business objectives increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes are things that are very exciting to Project Managers.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and are a self-starter with creativity and a strong work ethic then this is the job for you – check out the details below and apply now.
- Provide leadership, expertise and direction on multiple large-scale complex projects or programs.
- Serve as a single point-of-contact for all business areas and stakeholder groups.
- Use industry-standard best practices to assure performant delivery of project objectives, milestones and deliverables, as well as champion compliance with all operational processes.
- Produce, edit, distribute, and maintain a variety of business documents such as project charters, RACI charts, RAID logs, project tracking, etc. for a variety of audiences.
- Translate strategies/policies into specific goals, tactics, action plans and deliverables including managing scope and budget.
- Provide leadership in the requirements gathering process (both business requirements and technical requirements).
- Assures appropriate integration and communications between project sponsor, change manager, project team members, and business stakeholders.
- Responsible for leading and driving project communications, initiatives and day-to-day operation activities along with project status reporting.
- Ensure effective change management for a successful project outcome, including internal communications and training.
- Identify and work to resolve issues and identify, mitigate and manage risks through project execution.
- Assist in the direction and/or training of project analysts, coordinators, technical staff and project support staff, where deemed appropriate.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Project Management, Information Technology, Business, Finance, or relevant
- Minimum seven years of comparable work experience.
- Exceptional skills in written, verbal, and active listening communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships, be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations; resilient and tenacious
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics, problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Demonstrated proficiency with project planning, research, and analysis.
- Understanding of systems, development methodologies, systems architecture, systems administration, and tools and processes that support modern business systems.
- Demonstrated ability to create interesting, cogent, and well-edited presentations, and deliver communications to stakeholders including executive leadership.
- Proficiency in MS Office products and web-based tools.
- Basic knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Experience with large-scale organizational projects.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification an asset.
- Ability to look at initiatives from a consultative approach, understand viewpoints from both sides of the table and recommend appropriate actions to progress forward or resolve conflicts.
- Large group facilitation experience preferred.
- Process Mapping experience preferred.
- Experience in high growth environments.
- SaaS environment / background desirable.
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 10 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. VelocityEHS does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. VelocityEHS will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with VelocityEHS.