Director, User Experience
Posted on August 8, 2022
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
At VelocityEHS our goal is to deliver the most complete, the most user friendly, and the quickest and easiest-to-implement EHS, sustainability and risk management platform available. The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and can learn quickly and apply what you learn to what you do, then this is the job for you – check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage and oversee staff in the execution of visual design of our software products
- Hire and high-performing designers to support the needs of a growing R&D organization
- Create a talent development plan for staff, providing required coaching along the way
- Guide design team in the execution and delivery of software designs to their scrum teams, providing guidance on
design best-practices and providing a framework for consistent and timely delivery of design work
- Champion and evangelize user-experience and design best practices both internally and externally to VelocityEHS
What Success looks like:
- Team is high-performing, held accountable for deliverables, and demonstrably improving annually
- Tackle tough assignments with initiative, creativity, a value-added mind-set, questioning nature, and a sense of
- You juggle multiple priorities and projects meeting all deadlines
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- 15+ years work experience including both design and UX work at a high level
- 10+ years experience in design team leadership
- 8+ years working in an Agile environment
- Bachelor Degree in a design/user experience related field, or equivalent experience
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong business acumen
- Proven experience in delivering software design at the highest level
- Highly effective systemic thinking skills
- Superior communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. VelocityEHS does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. VelocityEHS will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with VelocityEHS.