Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
At VelocityEHS we are seeking a DevOps Engineer to support the growth of the R&D organization. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems. You will be part of a growing DevOps and development team which is developing the next generation products and setting the standards used throughout the organization. This position will be working closely with enterprise architects, application developers, database developers, QA, Business Analysts, and product owners.
As a DevOps Engineer at VelocityEHS, you will have the ability to showcase your passion for DevOps while helping deliver innovative products. While working with a diverse network of technologists, you will help to design, build, and deploy our next generation software using Infrastructure as Code (IAC), Docker, and Kubernetes. Your ability to think strategically while automating the deployment of high performing microservices across multiple environments will help take your career to the next level.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help define requirements for DevOps tools and processes designed using Site Reliability Engineering principles
- Take part in requirements gathering, analysis and deployment for cloud-based DevOps solutions
- Design, implement and test horizontally scalable and highly available deployments including Kafka, GraphQL Apollo, .Net Core, and Java Spring Boot components
- Solve complex problems with maintainable and extensible solutions
- Help implement and maintain the rollout of IAC and docker-based solutions with Kubernetes on both Azure and AWS cloud environments
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in building enterprise applications in Java, .Net Framework, or .Net Core
- 3+ years of experience with cloud solutions, platforms, and technologies (Specifically AWS and Azure)
- 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining deployments for CI/CD pipelines
- 2+ years of experience implementing and working with Kubernetes in production environments
- 1+ years of experience deploying event-driven microservices
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and adapt to changes in priority as needed
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with relational database systems a plus
- Experience with Python scripting a plus
- Experience with Kafka a plus
- Experience with PingFederate for SSO a plus
- Microservices and Software-defined networking experience is a plus
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 10 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]