Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
At VelocityEHS we are seeking a DevOps Engineer to support the growth of the R&D organization. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems. You will be part of a growing DevOps and development team which is developing the next generation products and setting the standards used throughout the organization. This position will be working closely with enterprise architects, application developers, database developers, QA, Business Analysts, and product owners.
As a DevOps Engineer at VelocityEHS, you will have the ability to showcase your passion for DevOps while helping deliver innovative products. While working with a diverse network of technologists, you will help to design, build, and deploy our next generation software using Infrastructure as Code (IAC), Docker, and Kubernetes. Your ability to think strategically while automating the deployment of high performing microservices across multiple environments will help take your career to the next level.
- Help define requirements for DevOps tools and processes designed using Site Reliability Engineering principles
- Take part in requirements gathering, analysis and deployment for cloud-based DevOps solutions
- Design, implement and test horizontally scalable and highly available deployments including Kafka, GraphQL Apollo, .Net Core, and Java Spring Boot components
- Solve complex problems with maintainable and extensible solutions
- Help implement and maintain the rollout of IAC and docker-based solutions with Kubernetes on both Azure and AWS cloud environments
- 5+ years of experience in building enterprise applications in Java, .Net Framework, or .Net Core
- 3+ years of experience with cloud solutions, platforms, and technologies (Specifically AWS and Azure)
- 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining deployments for CI/CD pipelines
- 2+ years of experience implementing and working with Kubernetes in production environments
- 1+ years of experience deploying event-driven microservices
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and adapt to changes in priority as needed
- Experience with relational database systems a plus
- Experience with Python scripting a plus
- Experience with Kafka a plus
- Experience with PingFederate for SSO a plus
- Microservices and Software-defined networking experience is a plus
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, Work from Home, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]