Data Quality Analyst
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in The United States and Canada*
At VelocityEHS we are seeking a Data Quality Analyst to support the growth of the BI organization. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and supporting the planning, design, and execution of test plans, test scripts, and process plans for BI projects. If you are passionate about joining a SaaS technology company that values the highest of quality in its customer product offering, then this role is for you!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop, execute and maintain test plans, test scenarios, test suites and test cases
- Document, analyze and evaluate test results and defects, track and manage defects, and work with BI development team and business to troubleshoot issues.
- Perform Functional, System, Integration, Regression, and BI Report Testing.
- Offer creative and innovative solutions to complex testing issues.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ experience in SQL
- 3+ years professional experience in a Quality Assurance role in an Agile environment
- 1+ years professional experience in BI Reporting Quality Assurance role
- 1+ years experience with Jira
- Experience participating in scrum ceremonies including: Standup, Sprint Planning, Refinement, Sprint Review, and Retrospectives
- Experience with Source Data formats, Data Mapping documents, Data transformation rules, and Data quality Requirements
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and adapt to changes in priority as needed.
- Must possess excellent written/oral communication and organizational skills with the ability to work within a fast-paced company with increasing needs.
- Strong desire for continuous learning and personal growth
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in Power BI Report testing
- Experience with creating and executing SQL test scripts
- Experience with managing test data in an automation environment
- Experience with performance testing
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]