Senior Product Marketing Manager (Germany)
Posted on August 22, 2022
We are delighted to announce that we have a vacancy for a Senior Product Marketing Manager, as part of our continuing expanding workforce at VelocityEHS Europe. We are looking for a Native German speaker, who has a professional level of English.
The ideal candidate could be based in Germany! Please apply to this role with an English version of your CV.
As a senior product marketing manager, you are responsible for making our solutions “fly off the shelf.” This role is the glue that binds our go-to-market strategy to the tactics we need to drive success and achieve results in sales and marketing within Europe.
You will take an audience-centric approach to understanding the market, crafting the message, and enabling the messengers. You know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. You speak the language of value and are laser-focused on business outcomes. You also know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales team to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing and sales teams to develop innovative programs that drive demand, and our product management colleagues to fine tune product market fit. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARENT LIMITED TO:
- A leadership role in the advancement of the Product Marketing team’s tools, processes, competencies, and interdepartmental relationships
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria. You must love meeting new people – either in person or over the phone – and have an ability to guide conversations to get usable insights.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, how they attribute value, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then enable our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned. Develop competitive strategies and support the maintenance of up-to-date information.
- Grow the business by creating and championing plans that increase our market share in your assigned target market and working cross-functionally to execute. Work closely with product management to influence the product roadmap to fine tune product-market-fit.
- Coordinate the launch of new offerings into your assigned segment.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Collaborate with sales enablement and others to create compelling demos and pitch decks to ensure that we connect the value of our offerings to the problems our buyers face.
- Support go-to-market, pricing, and packaging strategy with market evidence.
- Influence the development of marketing plans for the audiences you support.
- Understand and support our sales and customer success teams; enable sellers and CSMs to understand the problems we solve for our buyers; partner with the sales training team to develop training and internal tools and with marketing communications to develop external collateral.
Measures of Success:
- Success is measured qualitatively by how well your stakeholders are enabled by knowledge and strategies you produce.
- Success is measured quantitatively by our growth rate, win rate and sales cycle in your assigned segment.
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Personal Qualities, Skills & Qualifications:
- Empathy, humility, curiosity, and business acumen.
- 10+ years of product marketing experience with at least 5 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research) for a B2B SaaS provider
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area; MBA strongly preferred.
- A persuasive public speaker – comfortable in front of large, executive groups – and a solid writer.
- Able and content to work independently and cross-functionally.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Industry experience in Manufacturing, Chemicals, Mining, Oil & Gas or Pharmaceuticals.
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) II or higher.
- Experience in Environment, Health and Safety.
- Travel up to 20%.
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues using conferencing tools.
- Occasional work outside of normal working hours.
We recognise that candidates may not fit all the criteria so don’t let that put you off, get in touch now. We want to meet amazing people!
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 10 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, or disability.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. VelocityEHS does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. VelocityEHS will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with VelocityEHS.