Customer Support Specialist
Posted on July 13, 2022
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
VelocityEHS differentiates it’s offering in the marketplace by providing service and support that is unparalleled in its industry. As a Customer Support Specialist, you are tasked with delivering on that expectation. From front-line general inquiries to technical and product support troubleshooting, and escalation management, you ensure we understand our customers’ concerns and then surpass their expectations in managing them through to their resolution. In order to succeed in this innovative Customer Support team, the ideal candidate possesses the following key traits:
- Meticulously organized
- A good listener and communicator
- Able to follow through on our customer’s individual issues on a case-by-case basis
- Able to work as a team to solve challenges and share successes along the way
- Able to consider the big pictures to attempt to find other potential issues that may not have been reported
Additionally, in this role you will have close ties to our Product and Technology team as you work with them to coordinate the
resolution of customer issues, improve business processes, and present product feature/enhancement ideas from our customers.The Customer Support Specialist should be eager to learn about all aspects of our business and should be excited about interacting with other teams and departments as part of that learning experience. You should apply for this role if you are energized by the prospect of working with customers on a daily basis and are excited about helping them succeed with our
products and services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARENT LIMITED TO:
- Provide prompt and courteous service to VelocityEHS customers via cases and calls in order to ensure Service Level
Agreements (SLAs) are upheld
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to research, troubleshoot and guide customers to a successful outcome while managing their expectations appropriately along the way
- Continually improve knowledge of VelocityEHS’s suite of products and services and regularly apply that knowledge to solve customer inquiries
- Technical troubleshooting, communication and follow-up on customer issues, including those that may require escalation to other internal teams for resolution
- Ensure that customer cases are updated, resolved and documented correctly and in a timely manner
- Contribute internal content to the Support Knowledge Base
- Submit documentation and customer training requests to other teams
- Build and strengthen relationships across teams, including with Product/Development, CSM and PS teams
- Be a collaborative teammate, ready to share knowledge and insights, and be solution orientated
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer service or support role
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- Experience interacting with business customers
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong and effective team player, quick learner, and self-motivated
- Proven commitment to deliver outstanding customer service
- Experience effectively multi-tasking and prioritizing daily responsibilities
- Working knowledge of various Operating Systems (Windows, Android, iOS), Microsoft Office (Outlook,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Internet Browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari)
- Experience motivating self while working independently and also as an effective team member
- Must be comfortable working 40 hours/week on the phone and with a PC
- Must be able to cover an 8-hour shift, Mon – Fri, between 7am and 7pm CST
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline
- Customer service experience supporting software products
- Experience with technical documentation (internal or external)
- Experience with case management systems (CMS), Salesforce is a plus
- HDI or similar certification
- Empathy and ability to identify with a user mindset and understand business needs
- Knowledge of Environmental Health & Safety and/or Sustainability industry and legislation
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]