Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates*
The VelocityEHS Content Analyst fuses the skills of a data analyst with the role of a project coordinator. This position is tasked with the primary responsibilities of close monitoring of the MSDS document workflow, as well as acquiring (M)SDSs for the purpose of growing and updating VelocityEHS’s MSDSonline database. In addition, the Content Analyst will compile metrics and data which fuels throughput analysis, as well as supporting a continuous improvement ethos for the (M)SDS document “assembly line.”
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for performing daily tasks to support the VelocityEHS (M)SDS “assembly line” and Content Management Application (CMA), with a particular focus on customer Uploads, quality assurance (QA), batch management, and process improvement.
- Thorough knowledge of the MSDSonline database and of the (M)SDS landscape in general, as well as understanding of VelocityEHS Chemical Management products and services.
- Maintain stringent quality control over the Standard Indexing process and MSDSonline Library containing millions of documents; analyze data in various stages to proactively identify inconsistencies, correct errors, and resolve issues.
- Proactively acquire and update (M)SDSs using web-based research and tools, as well as via contact with manufacturers over the phone and email; assist with development of annual Acquisition strategy and goals.
- Collect, document, and track various operational metrics and data; contribute to regular and ad hoc reporting on departmental performance and SDS database.
- Responsible for the Manufacturer Submit Program – maintaining and processing (M)SDSs received, exploring new opportunities for expanding this program, and escalating issues as needed.
- Establish and manage ad hoc project timelines; collect, input, analyze, and report various project metrics throughout the project life cycle.
- Coordinate with other operations teams to perform quality assurance, automate tasks, boost (M)SDS obtainment success rates, and to exceed customer expectations.
- Collaborate with other departments to prioritize, automate, and execute (M)SDS indexing processes, while maintaining quality standards.
- Responsible for ongoing research and maintenance of the MSDSonline manufacturer database.
- Troubleshoot, report, and escalate issues with CMA performance; assist other CMA users with questions and issues.
- Inform future CMA enhancements and process improvements; participate in CMA Sprint Demo Reviews.
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement, self-development, and customer-driven mindset.
- Collaborate with other staff on best practices and continuous process improvement; participate in regular and ad hoc meetings to resolve issues and/or to review process improvements.
- Responsible for ensuring all processes are accurately documented via SOPs and for creating and maintaining CMA training materials.
- Thorough understanding of internal systems and tools, including the Admin Tool, Salesforce, Jira, and especially the Content Management Application.
- Assist with fulfilling pre-sale support requests for sales prospects or active customers.
- Take the lead on troubleshooting and resolving customer issues and Content-related help desk tickets from customer-facing staff; proactively offer support based on customer trends and data.
- Conduct Standard Indexing, CMA, and (M)SDS acquisition training for operations staff and vendors; provide vendors and Vendor Operations team with ongoing feedback on performance.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by department leadership.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of related professional experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) and expertise with Excel
- Tech-savvy and proficient with internet browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.), extensions, and web-based research.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently, with minimal supervision, or as part of a team
- Very detail-oriented, analytical, and innovative
- Dependable, punctual, and self-motivated
- Strong multi-tasking, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Takes ownership of issues/projects and follows through to completion
- Proven commitment to deliver outstanding customer service
- Ability to make sound decisions using analysis and judgment
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Knowledgeable with Adobe Acrobat/Distiller (PDF)
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Demonstrated problem-solver and big-picture thinker
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]