Consultant – Toyota (Princeton, IN)
Posted on July 13, 2022
*This role is based in Princeton, Indiana. Relocation is available*
We are seeking an organized, self-starter to build upon a career in ergonomics. The consultant will be responsible for analyzing ergonomics risk factors and implementing improvements for new major model projects in an automotive assembly environment.
The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, enthusiasm, great people skills, a willingness to learn, and an ability to effectively work with a variety of personalities. We use a team approach, combined with one-on-one education to bring out the best in people.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Identify ergonomics risks on parts/equipment/elements/processes and recommend countermeasures to reduce risk.
- Conduct root cause investigations of ergonomics-related injuries and other concerns.
- Lead collaboration activity with cross-functional groups to implement countermeasures
- Gather and analyze data to support projects.
- Strategize and plan for specific ergonomics focus activities.
- Present regular project updates to client leadership and executives.
- Travel may be necessary for 1- to 6-week periods to support project activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Biomechanics, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Experience maintaining a high level of activity, managing multiple ongoing projects, and working effectively in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong decision-making, organizational, and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Experience working independently, can also be an effective team member
- Pro-active learner and open to constructive feedback
- Proficient in technical report writing
- Experience completing ergonomics assessments using industry-standard tools, such as: NIOSH Lifting Equation, RULA, REBA, Strain Index, 3DSSPP, or equivalent
- Hands-on ability to study and countermeasure parts (e.g., measure push forces, study and alter parts/equipment based on findings)
- Knowledge of ergonomics design standards and specifications
- Associate Ergonomics Professional (AEP) or eligible for AEP designation
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE) certification through BCPE
- 1-5 years of related experience
- Master’s degree
- Experience using CAD software and human simulation software
- Experience in vehicle assembly and high-volume manufacturing environment
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]