Consultant, Ergonomics (California)
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Must be able to work on-site in Newark, CA with some travel to Lodi, CA and Sunnyvale, CA*
We are seeking an organized, self-starter who is looking to begin their career in ergonomics.
This position supports a Bay Area Biotechnology company’s day-to-day operations at their Lodi, CA, Newark, CA, and Sunnyvale, CA facilities on a full-time basis.
The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, enthusiasm, great people skills, a willingness to learn, and an ability to effectively work with a variety of personalities. We use a team approach, combined with one-on-one education to bring out the best in people.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Administer VelocityEHS’s ergonomics software
- Conduct ergonomics assessments of workstations, target areas for improvement, meet & follow up with engineering & operations teams to execute correction actions.
- Engage with line supervisors & production managers on ergonomics concerns & best practices.
- Develop & provide ergonomics training specific to a job or task (when needed)
- Provide expert recommendations on new projects & design reviews
- Meet with site EHS management weekly to discuss challenges
- Meet with core Ergo team weekly to share knowledge & best practices
- Execute on ergonomics projects developed by Ergo team
- Office / Work from Home ergonomic assessments
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Biomechanics, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent degree
- At least one year of related professional experience conducting risk assessments
- Experience maintaining a high level of activity, managing multiple ongoing projects, andworking effectively in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong decision-making, organizational, and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Experience working independently, can also be an effective team member
- Pro-active learner and open to constructive feedback
- Experience completing ergonomics assessments using industry-standard tools, such as: NIOSH Lifting Equation, RULA, REBA, Strain Index, 3DSSPP, or equivalent
- Knowledge of ergonomics design standards and specifications
- Proficient in technical report writing
- Strong public speaking skills
- Successfully manage internal continuous improvement initiatives
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree
- Associate Ergonomics Professional (AEP) certification through BCPE or higher
- Biomedical industry experience
- Proficient in Mandarin, Vietnamese, Tagalog
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]