Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
We are seeking an organized, self-starter to build upon a career in ergonomics. Our ergonomists work in a variety of industries including manufacturing, automotive, pharmaceutical, and food & beverage.
The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, enthusiasm, great people skills, a willingness to learn, and an ability to effectively work with a variety of personalities. We use a team approach, combined with one-on-one education to bring out the best in people.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assessing industrial workstations using proven analysis and solutions methods.
- Develop detailed solutions to identified ergonomic challenges.
- Conducting design reviews on workstations and products.
- Conducting onsite implementation trainings.
- Travel approximately 50-75%
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Biomechanics, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent degree
- Associate Ergonomics Professional (AEP) through BCPE or eligible to take the exam within the first year of employment
- 3+ years of related professional experience conducting risk assessments in an industrial setting.
- Experience completing ergonomics assessments using industry-standard tools, such as: NIOSH Lifting Equation, RULA, REBA, Strain Index, 3DSSPP, or equivalent
- Knowledge of ergonomics design standards and specifications in an industrial setting.
- Experience maintaining a high level of activity, managing multiple ongoing projects, and working effectively in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong decision-making, organizational, and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Experience working independently, can also be an effective team member
- Pro-active learner and open to constructive feedback
- Knowledge of ergonomics design standards and specifications
- Successful completion of training trials
- Proficient in technical report writing
- Run solo implementation workshop
- Ability to travel 50-75% to our client’s locations
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE) certification through BCPE
- Master’s degree
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. VelocityEHS does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. VelocityEHS will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with VelocityEHS.