Environmental Consultant, EU
Posted on July 28, 2022
*Must be available to travel globally or up to 30% or the role*
The Environmental Consultant is an intermediate member of the highly knowledgeable, and customer driven, consultant team that represents VelocityEHS professionally through the application of their knowledge and skills. This dynamic team works with our enterprise customers to successfully implement VelocityEHS’s suite of EHS/ESG solutions, bring industry knowledge back to the product team, provide internal support for implementation questions, brainstorm solutions, and act as the hub of communication to all project team members. This person will focus on understanding the customer’s goals and delivering comprehensive system product implementations and training.
This person will have experience delivering successful environmental software implementation projects in a service-based organisation and understand the importance of delivering simple, easy to use solutions to our clients. They are an effective communicator, detail-oriented, exceptionally organised, have a willingness to learn and have experience in a SaaS environment.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork, and follow-through. If you have these qualities and are a self-starter with creativity and a strong work ethic, then this is the job for you – check out the details below and apply now.
VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/pension, casual dress, sports & social club, wellbeing initiatives, work for all policy and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, being a member of the travelling community or status as an individual with disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Full lifecycle implementation and delivery of multiple enterprise-wide Environmental Compliance software solutions.
- Evaluate customer business processes, anticipating requirements, identifying areas for improvements, and balancing their project priorities
- Lead business requirements gathering sessions and designing a software user interface to meet those business requirements
- Facilitate meetings and document/create presentations to share ideas and findings
- Perform quality assurance testing on system configurations and customizations
- Conduct train-the-trainer training and online training for clients
- Meet strategic objectives that help meet company goals regarding results, quality, and productivity standards
- Ensure effective working relationship with various departments to accomplish shared objectives that support a positive customer experience
- Support innovation and enhance methodology development to improve the repeatability and reliability of services
- Travel to customer’s locations to conduct onsite consultations and training sessions, as needed or requested
- Subject Matter Experts (SME) – Maintain/retain VelocityEHS product and services knowledge at all times
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Must reside in Europe with ability to travel 30% globally
- 2-4 years of experience in business analysis, working in a complex, fast-paced environment, specializing in client-facing implementation projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, or equivalent work experience in the field of Environmental Compliance
- Knowledge of Environmental Compliance with a focus on Air, Water and Waste.
- Experience maintaining a high level of activity, working on multiple projects, and working effectively in a team environment
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- The ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders to identify acceptable solutions
- Excellent Customer Service skills with a strong customer-driven personality which empowers the team to take ownership of issues and follow through to completion
- Advanced experience with facilitating meetings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience in articulation of issues, risks, and proposed solutions
- Strong attention to details, policies, and procedures with the ability to identify and recommend improvement opportunities
- Strong computer literacy and ability to navigate large data sets and web-based products/solutions
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.) and web conferencing software
- Effective team player, quick learner, and self-motivated
- Experience working in a remote-friendly company
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment and training Fortune 1000 companies, a plus
- Experience with Project Management skills
- Self-starter that can collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Flexible and able to work within established branding and product specs
- “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude to get things done
- Passionate and intimately knowledgeable about all things Environment.
- Empathy and ability to identify with a user mindset and understand business needs