Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates*
A Consultant is an intermediate member of the highly knowledgeable and customer driven Consultant team that represents VelocityEHS professionally through the application of their knowledge and skills. This dynamic team works with our enterprise customers to successfully implement VelocityEHS’s suite of Safety Management applications, bring industry knowledge back to the product team, provide internal support for implementation questions, brainstorm solutions, and act as the hub of communication to all project team members. This person will focus on understanding the customer’s goals and delivering comprehensive system product implementations and training.
This person will have experience delivering successful software implementation projects in a service-based organization and understand the importance of delivering simple, easy to use software solutions to our clients. They are an effective communicator, detail-oriented, exceptionally organized, have a willingness to learn and have experience in a SaaS environment.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork, and follow-through. If you have these qualities and are a self-starter
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Full lifecycle implementation and delivery of multiple enterprise-wide Environment, Health & Safety software solutions.
- Evaluate customer business processes, anticipating requirements, identifying areas for improvements, and balancing their project priorities
- Lead business requirements gathering sessions and designing a software user interface to meet those business requirements
- Facilitate meetings and document/create presentations to share ideas and findings
- Perform quality assurance testing on system configurations and customizations
- Conduct train-the-trainer training and online training for clients
- Meet strategic objectives that help meet company goals regarding results, quality, and productivity standards
- Ensure effective working relationship with various departments to accomplish shared objectives that support a positive customer experience
- Support innovation and enhance methodology development to improve the repeatability and reliability of services
- Travel to customer’s locations to conduct onsite consultations and training sessions, as needed or requested
- Subject Matter Experts (SME) – Maintain/retain VelocityEHS product and services knowledge at all times
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-4 years of experience in business analysis, working in a complex, fast-paced environment, specializing in client-facing implementation projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, or equivalent work experience in the field of EHS
- Knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety and/or Sustainability industry and legislation
- Experience maintaining a high level of activity, working on multiple projects, and working effectively in a team environment
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- The ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders to identify acceptable solutions
- Excellent Customer Service skills with a strong customer-driven personality which empowers the team to take ownership of issues and follow through to completion
- Advanced experience with facilitating meetings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience in articulation of issues, risks, and proposed solutions
- Strong attention to details, policies, and procedures with the ability to identify and recommend improvement opportunities
- Strong computer literacy and ability to navigate websites and other web-based products/solutions
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.) and web conferencing software
- Effective team player, quick learner, and self-motivated • Experience working in a remote-friendly company
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment and training Fortune 1000 companies, a plus
- Experience with Project Management skills
- Self-starter that can collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Flexible and able to work within established branding and product specs
- “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude to get things done
- Passionate and intimately knowledgeable about all things Environment, Health and Safety
- Empathy and ability to identify with a user mindset and understand business needs
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSP saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]