Chemical Inventory Specialist
Posted on July 13, 2022
Leading the efforts in growing a service offering, the VelocityEHS Chemical Inventory Specialist is the on-site expert to develop and execute services related to reviewing and collecting chemical inventory data for our customers, traveling to customer facilities throughout North America to perform this very important service. These facilities can include offices, stockrooms, manufacturing facilities, laboratories and/or healthcare environments. While Chemical Inventory Specialists may work independently with a great deal of autonomy, they also maintain frequent communication with VelocityEHS internal staff and management throughout the course of each project. This a great opportunity to help build this service from the ground up and develop business standards and teams for meeting the growing need for on-site expertise.
The VelocityEHS corporate work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in always striving to meet and exceed customer expectations, then this is the job for you – check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead efforts in development of custom inventory solutions for customers and/or customer segments.
- Travel to customer facilities throughout North America for the purpose of performing onsite chemical inventories and audits.
- Understand project scopes and deadlines to in turn manage project milestones and timelines.
- Capture chemical areas and chemicals and/or products at customer facilities, utilizing technology to record required product information in an Excel spreadsheet and/or a computer application.
- Update customer SDS library via the VelocityEHS chemical management software.
- Complete and submit required reports to internal staff and customers.
- Collaborate with internal resources when needed to address customer issues or concerns.
- Work closely with internal project management staff on all scheduling, travel, and other project-related tasks and responsibilities.
- Provide outstanding customer service and project communication to customers, maintaining professionalism always.
- Requires standing and/or walking much of the day in addition to frequent travel via airline and/or vehicle for up to one week in each location at a time.
- Coordination of travel to customer facilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Dependable, punctual and comfortable working alone for long periods of time.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and adaptive.
- Strong attention to detail, well organized, and results driven.
- Ability to prioritize and complete quality work within agreed upon deadlines.
- Professional attitude and solid business judgment always.
- Must be able to perform job functions with the highest regard for safety and quality.
- Ability to understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other established processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM or related discipline.
- 1+ years of related professional experience working in a laboratory or similar environment.
- 3+ years working in professional organization.
- Ability to travel up to 90% of the time, occasionally without return trips to home city.
- Valid U.S. passport.
- Ability to conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues (e.g., vaccinations and/or health screening/testing), and/or security clearances.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven attention to detail, policies and procedures.
- Intermediate with the use of Microsoft Office 2003-2010 products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and a working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat (PDF) documents and format.
- Passionate about his/her work.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Open to remote candidates living in the east coast.
- Experience in the Environmental, Health and Safety industry.
- Knowledge of Safety Data Sheets.
- Experience performing inventories or similar work.
At VelocityEHS (formerly MSDSonline) we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.