Associate VP, Customer Support
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in The United States and Canada*
VelocityEHS is looking for a VP of Customer Support who can help design, build, and manage a global Support organization that provides exceptional experiences for VelocityEHS customers worldwide. This person will manage all aspects of the Customer Support business and lead the expansion of the organization to serve customers globally. The ideal candidate has successfully led a software and/or SaaS-based technical support organization, is an innovative problem solver who is passionate about customer success, is knowledgeable of go-to-market strategies, and is the leader others want to follow in a career in Customer Support.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for providing high-quality Customer Support within defined, measurable service levels, including 24/7 response and resolution within defined support tiers
- Oversight of multiple contact centers, quality programs, subject matter expert teams, and content management
- Utilize innovative, integrated support channels to provide customers with highly effective, responsive support, and the highest standards of quality in all customer interactions
- Hire, grow and lead a world-class Support team, building a culture of excellence and exceptional customer experiences
- Manage escalation of critical customer issues, working closely with Product and/or R&D, and in close communication with Professional Services and Sales
- Build strong customer relationships, addressing escalations and managing customer expectations
- Coordinate with Product and R&D teams on defect resolution and product enhancements
- Manage operational dashboard to track and monitor KPIs; maintain a high-level view of all open customer issues, and present regular updates on open issues (both internally and externally)
- Collaborate with other Customer Experience leaders to continue to improve all areas of the customer journey
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience managing Customer Support teams; including people managers, global support teams and 24x7x365 support
- 2+ years of experience in a SaaS company
- Strong written and verbal communications, executive level presence and experience in facilitation
- Superior customer management instincts and abilities and advocacy
- Enthusiastic, inspirational, and transformational leader
- Results-oriented with successful track record
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Experience with software solutions; ticketing & phone systems, CRM, knowledge and analytics
- Knowledgeable in quality programs, process management, data analysis, problem solving, business acumen, and technical aptitude
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledgeable about EHS & ESG a plus
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, 100% remote work, matching 401(k) saving plans, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]