Associate Scrum Master
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates in the United States and Canada*
At VelocityEHS our goal is to deliver the most complete, the most user friendly, and the quickest and easiest-to-implement EHS, sustainability and risk management platform available. VelocityEHS is seeking an Associate Scrum Master to coach, remove impediments, and be a servant leader for our development teams.
The Associate Scrum Master will be responsible for facilitating Scrum meetings, encouraging communication between team members and teams, ensuring adherence to VEHS’s Scrum process, removing team impediments, coaching their teams towards continual improvement, and helping with any Scrum-specific activities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, facilitate, and participate in key Scrum practices and teams across multiple work streams
- Guide and coach, the Scrum team on use of Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theories, practices and guidelines
- Manage & Report metrics out of JIRA
- Ensure the team is focused on the right tasks help remove any obstacles and protect the team from distractions.
- Demonstrate accountability and integrity
- Be a Team Motivator & Team Player
- Tackle tough assignments with initiative, creativity, a value-added mind-set, questioning nature, and a sense of urgency
- Juggle multiple priorities and projects
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- First level Scrum Master Certification (CSM, PSM I), OR equivalent education/experience working to facilitate projects, processes, or work product, preferably within a team environment
- Understanding of working in an Agile environment
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Proven business acumen
- Exceptional systems technical orientation
- Proven experience in gathering requirements and assessment of requirements to both technical and business applications
- Highly effective systemic thinking skills
- Exceptional communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]