Associate Operations Project Specialist
Posted on August 26, 2022
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
VelocityEHS Associate Operations Project Specialists lead the backend activities that are needed to support the VelocityEHS services team with exceeding their client’s expectations. They perform and/or coordinate the heavy-lifting, and they see that the “T’s” are all crossed and the “I’s” are all dotted before a VelocityEHS services project is delivered to a client.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Concurrent management of the backend operational elements of numerous VelocityEHS service projects, primarily involving SDS library-building and/or updating.
- Specialize in VelocityEHS Chemical Management library-building or updating/maintenance services, as well as a thorough knowledge of the SDS landscape in general.
- Confirm and redefine scope, establish project timelines, obtain necessary files/information from internal customers, coordinate with Vendor and Obtainment Operations staff, provide ongoing project communication and status updates, and help to resolve project-related issues.
- Ensure timely project delivery within established quality guidelines.
- Collect and document various project delivery, success, and performance metrics and data.
- Perform various project-related operational tasks, such as (but not limited to): project template creation, file management, data entry, SDS obtainment, MSDSonline database searching, paper document sorting or scanning, electronic image file type conversions, SDS database maintenance and QA, data scrubbing and filtering, spreadsheet analysis and QA, and file and data processing within the Content Management Application.
- Coordinate with other operations teams to perform quality assurance, boost SDS obtainment success rates, and to exceed customer expectations.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned by department leadership.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of related professional experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel)
- Proficient with Internet Browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) and in internet research
- Competent in Internal Systems
- Strong collaboration skills within team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently, with minimal supervision, or as part of a team
- Strong organization skills with the ability to handle diverse and significant workload
- Detail-oriented, methodical, persistent, innovative
- Ability to complete quality work within agreed upon deadlines
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Familiarity with Access and SQL
- Knowledgeable with Adobe Acrobat/Distiller (PDF)
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Experience taking ownership of issues/projects and following through to completion
- Proven commitment to deliver outstanding customer service
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]