Associate IT Security & Compliance Engineer
Posted on November 3, 2022
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
The VelocityEHS IT Team is a small industrious force who uses their collective knowledge to solve problems and implement solutions that allow all employees and customers to do their jobs with ease. As an Associate IT Security & Compliance Engineer, you will have multiple opportunities to gain real world experience by being involved in day-to-day events and workplace projects. You will be trained on the appropriate tools, language, and documentation required.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic and innovative. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and enjoy being around other techie, outgoing individuals then check out the details below and apply now.
General Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Fielding and monitoring network and security related helpdesk tickets
- Assisting with security compliance related tasks
- Contributes to the IT security decision making process where appropriate and makes decisions independently when the input of others is not needed or is redundant
- Ensures endpoint security solutions, policies and emerging technology are on track to meet and respond to threats to our data and endpoint infrastructure
- Ownership over the physical maintenance of infrastructure ports and cables
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring, troubleshooting and analysis, configuration backups, audits and performance tuning, escalating problems to vendor
- Contributes to the establishing priorities, timelines, and requirements for team projects
- Authors and maintains networking documentation
- Creates projects with time projections consistent with the provided requirements
- Leads as a contributor to the VelocityEHS networking monitoring system and properly configures new alerts and schedules when needed
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Associate degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Basic networking and IT knowledge
- Must be self-motivated but also effectively work as part of a team
- Strong documentation skills
- Must be willing to work hard and learn
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Past internship or work experience related to IT Security and Compliance
- Cisco CCNA Certification
- Microsoft, Apple, Cisco IOS, VMware, LAN Knowledge
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 10 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. VelocityEHS does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. VelocityEHS will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with VelocityEHS.