Associate HRIS Specialist
Posted on July 13, 2022
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
The VelocityEHS Associate HRIS Specialist is an important member of the global Human Resources operations team. In addition to interacting closely with the HR team, this position will work with all other departments within the organization to ensure coordination and implementation of data and processes in our HRIS systems. Additional responsibilities include data integrity, audits, oversight of employee/manager self service functions, and maintenance of internal database files.
The successful candidate will be passionate about data integrity, process efficiency, systems management, and supporting our internal teams. Current HR systems/processes under scope of responsibility include but are not limited to: UKG, Glint, Replicon, Cornerstone, Blissbook, Teamphoria, HRTMS JDXpert and PayScale.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Enters all HRIS employee data, changes, and large dataset imports to ensure data accuracy
- Maintain and enhance the configuration of HRIS systems in support of HR, Finance, and IT to ensure operational efficiency
- Resolve HRIS systems issues and acts as internal ‘troubleshooter’ for HR and other business partners
- Ensures services are incompliance with professional standards, state, federal and global regulatory requirements related to recordkeeping and reporting
- Assists with the design, selection, and implementation or modifications of HRIS and other HR solutions
- Monitors and assists with day-to-day systems operations, including interfaces between HRIS and other internal/external systems. Work with vendors to update existing interfaces or create new interface specifications as necessary. Research and resolve all errors
- Develop user procedures, guidelines, and documentation for HR systems; assists with the training of end-users
- Builds relationships and rapport with internal business partners to ensure effective coordination of HR systems support, functionality, integration, and operations
- Submit and verify data sent from HRIS including accruals, file feeds to carriers, funding to accounts and E-Verify
- Ensure confidentiality of employee, business, HRIS and other sensitive data
- Generate and build simple to moderately complex reports and audit to ensure data integrity
- Provide other support to Human Resources leaders and staff as assigned
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
- Experience working with data, refining processes and maintenance of internal systems
- Beginner to Intermediate MS Excel Skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality concerning employees, business, and other sensitive data
- Experience identifying and implementing process improvements
- Ability to work as part of a team with specific direction, or as an individual project lead with only high-level direction
- Experience utilizing strong reasoning, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication, including documentation and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and dependable with a strong work ethic
- Adaptable to frequently changing priorities and strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency with a Windows-based PC, internet browsers, Office 365, productivity and communication tools, web meetings services (i.e. MS Teams), document sharing and collaboration tools (i.e. OneDrive).
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Project Management experience
- Experience with UKG HRIS full product suite including Cognos reporting
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]