Associate Consultant, Ergonomics – Toyota (Princeton, Indiana, USA)
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Must work on-site at the Toyota facility in Princeton, Indiana, United States*
We are seeking an organized, self-starter to build upon a career in ergonomics. Our ergonomists work in a variety of industries including manufacturing, automotive, pharmaceutical, and food & beverage. The Associate Consultant, Ergonomics will be responsible for analyzing and implementing ergonomics for new major model projects in an automotive assembly environment (Toyota). The ideal candidate will possess a positive attitude, enthusiasm, great people skills, a willingness to learn, and an ability to effectively work with a variety of personalities. We use a team approach, combined with one-on-one education to bring out the best in people.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARENT LIMITED TO:
- Identify ergonomics risks on parts/equipment/elements/processes and recommend countermeasures to reduce risk.
- Conduct root cause investigations of ergonomics-related injuries and other concerns.
- Lead collaboration activity with cross-functional groups to implement countermeasures
- Gather and analyze data to support projects.
- Strategize and plan for specific ergonomics focus activities.
- Present regular project updates to client leadership and executives.
- Travel may be necessary for 1- to 6-week periods to support project activities.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work on-site in Princeton, Indiana
- Experience working independently, can also be an effective team member
- Pro-active learner and open to constructive feedback
- Ability to write technical reports
- Hands-on ability to study and countermeasure parts (e.g., measure push forces, study and alter parts/equipment based on findings)
- Ability to learn ergonomics design standards and specifications
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Eligible for Associate Ergonomics Professional (AEP) designation with ability to gain the Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE) certification through BCPE
- Master’s degree
- Experience completing ergonomics assessments using industry-standard tools, such as: NIOSH Lifting
- Equation, RULA, REBA, Strain Index, 3DSSPP, or equivalent
- Experience in vehicle assembly and high-volume manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of ergonomics design standards and specifications
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]