Associate Consultant – Chemical inventory, Occupational Health and Safety
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
The VelocityEHS Chemical Inventory Consultant is the traveling on-site consultant that develops, implements, and executes services related to reviewing and collecting chemical inventory data for our customers. These facilities include but are not limited to offices, stockrooms, manufacturing facilities, schools, laboratories, and healthcare environments. While Chemical Inventory Consultants may work independently with a great deal of autonomy, they also maintain frequent communication with VelocityEHS internal staff and management throughout the course of each project. This is a great opportunity to help build this service and develop business standards to meet the growing need for chemical inventory consultant expertise.
The VelocityEHS corporate work environment is dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork, and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in always striving to meet and exceed customer expectations, check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead efforts in development of custom inventory solutions for customers and/or customer segments
- Travel to customer facilities throughout North America for the purpose of performing onsite chemical inventories and audits
- Understand project scopes and deadlines to achieve project milestones and within adequate timelines
- Capture chemical areas and chemicals and/or products at customer facilities, utilizing technology to record required product information in an Excel spreadsheet and/or a computer application
- Update customer SDS library via the VelocityEHS chemical management software
- Complete and submit required reports to internal staff and customers
- Collaborate with internal resources when needed to address customer issues or concerns
- Work closely with internal project management staff on all scheduling, travel, and other project-related tasks and responsibilities
- Provide outstanding customer service and project communication to customers, maintaining professionalism always
- Requires standing and/or walking much of the day in addition to frequent travel via airline and/or vehicle for up to one week in each location at a time
- Coordination of travel to customer facilities
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Dependable, punctual, and comfortable working remotely
- Highly motivated, energetic, and adaptive
- Strong attention to detail, well organized, and results driven
- Ability to prioritize and complete quality work within agreed upon deadlines
- Professional attitude and solid business judgment
- Must be able to perform job functions with the highest regard for safety and quality
- Ability to understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other established processes
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM or related discipline
- 1+ years of related professional experience working in a laboratory, health care facility or similar environment
- Ability to travel up to 90% of the time
- Valid U.S. passport
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, 100% work from home, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]