Associate Consultant – Chemical inventory, Occupational Health and Safety
Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
The VelocityEHS Associate Consultant is hybrid health and safety consultant that would ideally consult in areas of Ergonomics, HSE and chemical inventory. Travel for services such as Chemical Inventory and Ergonomics will be necessary. Chemical inventory would be priority as the traveling on-site consultant that develops, implements, and executes services related to reviewing and collecting chemical inventory data for our customers. These facilities include but are not limited to offices, stockrooms, manufacturing facilities, schools, laboratories, and healthcare environments. While consultants may work independently with a great deal of autonomy, they also maintain frequent communication with VelocityEHS internal staff and management throughout the course of each project and participate in team projects both internally and externally often. Additional consulting in the areas of industrial hygiene software, office ergonomics software, industrial ergonomics software and HSE software solutions may also be included in the position. This is a great opportunity to help build this service and develop business standards to meet the growing need for consultant expertise. This consultant will be a member of the highly knowledgeable and customer driven Implementation and service Consultant team that represents VelocityEHS professionally through the application of their knowledge and skills. This dynamic team works with our customers to successfully implement our solution, bring industry knowledge back to the product team, provide internal support for implementation questions, brainstorm solutions, and participate in communication to all project team members. They do this by understanding the customer’s goals and delivering comprehensive system product implementations, services, and training.
The VelocityEHS corporate work environment is dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork, and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in always striving to meet and exceed customer expectations, check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead/participates in development of custom chemical inventory solutions for customers and/or customer segments
- Travel to customer facilities for the purpose of performing services such as onsite chemical inventories, audits, training sessions, and workshops
- Understand project scopes and deadlines to achieve project milestones and within adequate timelines
- Capture chemical areas and chemicals and/or products at customer facilities, utilizing technology to record required product information in an Excel spreadsheet and/or a computer application
- Update customer SDS library via the VelocityEHS chemical management software
- Complete and submit required reports to internal staff and customers
- Collaborate with internal resources when needed to address customer issues or concerns
- Work closely with internal project management staff on all scheduling, travel, and other project-related tasks and responsibilities
- Provide outstanding customer service and project communication to customers, maintaining professionalism always
- Requires standing and/or walking much of the day in addition to frequent travel via airline and/or vehicle for up to one week in each location at a time
- Coordination of travel to customer facilities
- Maintain VelocityEHS product and services knowledge
Minimal Skills and Qualifications:
- Dependable, punctual, and comfortable working remotely
- Highly motivated, energetic, and adaptive
- Strong attention to detail, well organized, and results driven
- Ability to prioritize and complete quality work within agreed upon deadlines
- Professional attitude and solid business judgment
- Must be able to perform job functions with the highest regard for safety and quality
- Ability to understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other established processes
- Able to travel frequently
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM or related discipline
- 1+ years of related professional experience working in a laboratory, health care facility or similar environment
- Ability to travel 70- 90% of the time
- Valid U.S. passport
- Ability to conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health, and safety issues (e.g., vaccinations and/or health screening/testing), and/or security clearances
- Knowledge of environmental health and safety industry and legislation
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Proven attention to detail, policies, and procedures
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of databases and Adobe
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Strong computer literacy and skills for navigating web-based products and solutions
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. VelocityEHS does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. VelocityEHS will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with VelocityEHS.