Assoc. Director, Product Management
Posted on July 13, 2022
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
The Associate Director, Product Management is the leader of product management for their solution. They are responsible for the continuous delivery of value to the market, customers, and users. They engage their stakeholders in making data-driven decisions regarding which features and functionality to build and the order in which to build them. The Associate Director, Product Management is responsible for key elements of the product lifecycle and the overall success of their VelocityEHS solution in the market.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Developing a strong team of product managers; including recruiting, training, and ongoing coaching
- Leading business plan development, product roadmap creation, communication, and management across the platform and within specific platform domains, applications, libraries, and features
- Supporting and complementing other Product leaders in defining and driving the product vision and strategy across the platform and with their solution
- Collaborating independently with R&D partners to align strategy and overcome challenges
- Developing and maintaining risks associated with product delivery in collaboration with R&D partners
- Managing internal stakeholders and functions effectively and independently
- Developing a culture of product innovation
- Grow VelocityEHS’ market-leading position by delivering customer-leading, innovative solutions to the market
- Make data-driven decisions regarding product development priorities while balancing business needs and technical realities
- Collaborate with product marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas
Measures of Success:
- Success is measured qualitatively by how well your stakeholders are enabled by the knowledge and strategies you produce
- Success is measured quantitatively by your ability to deliver your roadmap, achieve on-target customer satisfaction survey results, and increase revenue from your solution and the VelocityEHS platform
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of product management leadership experience or equivalent
- Experience managing a platform solution
- Has a track record of identifying and recruiting potential talent, and then working to develop general competencies and product management skills
- Understanding of the economics and dynamics of a SaaS software business and market
- Strong negotiation skills
- Empathy, humility, curiosity, and business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area; MBA preferred
- A strong communicator and excellent writer
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Scrum Product Owner Certification
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) IV or higher
- Experience in EHS and/or ESG
- Travel up to 10%
- Comfortable working with remote colleagues using conferencing tools
- Working outside of normal working hours as needed to engage with global team and to meet objectives and deadlines
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. VelocityEHS does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. VelocityEHS will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with VelocityEHS.