Posted on July 13, 2022
*Open to remote candidates that reside in the United States and Canada*
At VelocityEHS we are seeking an Application Architect to support the growth of the R&D organization. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who love solving complex business problems. You will be part of a growing architecture and development team, developing the next generation products and setting the standards used throughout the organization. This position will be working closely with enterprise architects, application developers, database developers, QA, Business Analysts, product owners, and the DevOps team.
As an Application Architect at VelocityEHS, you will have the ability to showcase your passion for architecture while delivering innovative products. Combined with mentoring the development teams. While working with a diverse network of technologists, you will participate in the creation and presentation of technical designs as well as help to set the architectural direction for the company’s many development teams. Your ability to think strategically while developing high performing, microservices and working with the enterprise architecture team will help take your career to the next level.
- Deliver complex solutions utilizing Event Driven Architecture and distributed microservices
- Lead teams through planning activities to break the product vision into discrete blocks of work for implementation
- Solve complex problems with maintainable and extensible solutions
- Establish, own, and deliver microservice-architecture-based solutions
- Design, propose, and lead the implementation of upgrades for existing applications to achieve a standardized architecture across the enterprise
- Mentor the development teams through code reviews, documentation, and technical guidance
- Influence technical peers by introducing new frameworks, patterns, and training
- 10+ years of experience in building enterprise applications in Java, .Net Framework, or .Net Core
- 5+ years of experience with relational database design
- 4+ years of experience with asynchronous messaging systems (such as Kafka/ServiceMix/TIBCO)
- 4+ years of API design experience utilizing JSON based RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- 3+ years of experience architecting event-driven microservices
- 2+ years of experience working with containerized applications
- A strong understanding of design patterns
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and adapt to changes in priority as needed
- Ability to work in an agile development environment
- Strong desire for continuous learning and personal growth
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo Gateway a plus
- Experience with Java Spring Boot a plus
- Experience AWS and Azure cloud platforms a plus
- Experience developing and maintaining deployments for CI/CD pipelines a plus
- Experience with PingFederate for SSO
- Experience with OAuth and JWT for use authentication across applications
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]