Posted on July 13, 2022
The VelocityEHS Accounting & Finance Team is comprised of professionals who are hungry to learn and contribute to the growth of the Company and the Team. Combined with collegiate and casual atmosphere, an Accounting Intern will gain valuable business experience during their pursuit of an accounting or finance degree. Just think, while your fellow classmates are simply learning about accounting systems during classroom lectures and study sessions, you will be trained hands-on to use leading technologies within a fast-growing technology company! The result is a more enriched college experience that should better prepare you for future endeavors in the accounting and finance fields. And if you are tired of the dorm food, this is a paid internship which means you can better afford those late-night pizzas and lattes.
We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork, and follow-through. If you have these qualities and want to find out what real bean counters are like, then check out the details below and apply now.
Duties include but aren’t limited to:
- Daily Cash Receipts Processing and Reporting
- Data entry and reporting within our Intacct financial system
- Customer Database updating
- General office tasks—filing and mailing
- Assist in special projects and analysis as time permits
Minimal Skills and Qualifications
- Current undergraduate student with at least 1 year of collegiate level classes in pursuit of a business degree
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Experience maintaining a high level of activity while managing multiple competing priorities
- Ability to work 20 hours a week
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Pursuing bachelor degree in accounting
- Bookkeeping or related experience
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Intacct
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience taking ownership of issues and following through to completion
- Experience motivating self while working independently; can also be an effective team member
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Some college or better in Accounting or related field.
- Some college or better in Business Administration or related field.
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that’s why we’re not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, and RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.