Posted on July 13, 2022
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates that reside anywhere in the United States or Canada.
VelocityEHS is looking for an enthusiastic, dependable, detail oriented team-player who is well organized and has the skills required to assist in all aspects of accounting and finance in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment and have the communication abilities to work across multiple departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include:
- General accounting including account reconciliations, journal entries, and invoicing.
- Preparing and reviewing sales orders and invoices to ensure revenue recognition is accurate
- Month-end close responsibilities, including balance sheet reconciliations and analysis to ensure accounts are complete and accurate
- Seeking ways to improve upon accounting processes and procedures both nationally and internationally
- Assisting with and handling special projects as needed.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years related work experience in Accounting, assisting with the month-end closing process by conducting research, making correcting journal entries, entries for account discrepancies, preparing closing journal entries and posting accrual entries
- Experience with advanced accounting systems (Intacct, Microsoft, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Team player with a positive attitude toward contributing and learning
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a role that requires substantial multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a deadline driven environment
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter, quick learner, and ability to multi-task on a regular basis
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and deadline driven capacity to thrive in a fast -paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership on issues and following through to completion
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- 1 year or more experience as a Staff Accountant
- Experience assisting with annual external audit
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with the accounting system, Intacct
- Currently sitting, or plans to sit, for the CPA exam is a plus
Who is VelocityEHS?
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest-growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
Our customers include the world’s most esteemed Fortune 1000 corporations. From manufacturing to food & beverage, from chemicals to pharmaceuticals, we’ve worked with them at every level, from the boardroom to the shop floor. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VelocityEHS?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can review all our perks and benefits by visiting our career page!
- Generous time off programs
- Medical/dental coverage, retirement (with employer match), and parental leave plans for all family types
- Job shadowing programs and one-on-one coaching opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education, advanced degrees, and certifications
- Remote-first and flexible work schedule to fit your family’s needs
- Monthly stipend to make your home office more comfortable, productive, and successful
- Corporate wellness and personalized preventative mental health care programs
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]