Bowtie Analysis 8 Hour Training Course. Limited to 10 participants.
Posted on July 12, 2022 | in EHS
Many EHS professionals struggle with managing workplace risks, whether it is accurately assessing them, controlling them, or getting the entire workplace involved in the process. In this 8-hour training class, split into two afternoon sessions, you will learn how bowtie analysis can help you quickly understand:
- the linkages between threats and outcomes.
- what controls you have in place.
- how those controls act to reduce risk, and why they are only as effective as the person/process verifying them.
- how bowties can be used to represent an incident pathway and to assess the risk of undesirable outcomes.
- how bowties can engage your workforce in best risk management practices.
Bowties are representations of causal pathways that relate causes to top events and outcomes. They are frequently used to communicate and assess risk scenarios. This online training course is ideal for operations, maintenance, engineering, EHS leadership and support teams, and management staff.
Eight hours of instruction in two 4-hour sessions:
Tuesday, Sept. 7, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Eastern &
Wednesday, Sept. 8, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Eastern
Attendees will use the VelocityEHS Risk Management software to get hands-on practice creating bowtie analyses.