You’re Never “Too Small” to Think Big About Managing Safety!
You don’t have to be at a big company or have a huge facility to have a very long list of safety management tasks. This is especially true for employers in the manufacturing sector and other moderate to high-risk industries. Maintaining SDSs, doing inspections, developing job safety analyses (JSAs), conducting incident investigations and managing safety meetings all take up a lot of time, even under the best of circumstances. Adding to that challenge, so many of our safety management tasks result in follow-up actions that need to be completed, and things can quickly get out of hand if you’re using multiple systems for planning, scheduling and tracking them.
All the safety data you need to record and manage adds up, too. To drive better decision making you need rapid access to your most important safety metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs). You also need simple ways to generate reports that clearly demonstrate your safety performance – reports that you can quickly and easily share with your people to promote better engagement and buy-in with your safety programs.
It’s a lot to handle, and with so much on your plate, wouldn’t it be great if you had a way to simplify your safety management tasks while empowering a greater number of people in your company to support your workplace safety programs?
No matter your company or facility size, safety management tasks are made easier with the new VelocityEHS Safety Management Solution. Here’s how:
Data-Driven Decision Making
You’ll get quick and easy access to critical safety data to drive better decision making. Intuitive data dashboards show you the most important and actionable safety indicators at-a-glance, saving you time while providing deeper insights into workplace safety performance. You can also create custom reports and schedule them for distribution to the right people throughout your organization, meaning you spend less time responding to information requests.
Improving worker engagement starts with visibility and follow-through. With our Safety Management Solution, your employees are empowered with tools to easily report workplace incidents, near misses, and hazards, and complete inspections and observations from anywhere, using any mobile device. They can also schedule safety meetings, track action items, and conduct Job Safety Analyses (JSAs) on the fly, making it easier for workers to actively participate in workplace safety management while reducing the workload for safety managers.
Our solution helps you easily verify compliance with regulatory requirements like OSHA’s Hazard Communication (HazCom) and Recordkeeping Standards. For example, your workers get immediate online access to safety data sheets (SDSs) for the chemicals in your workplace, while employers get the ability to instantly generate OSHA Forms 300, 300A and 301, and export injury and illness recordkeeping data for fast, direct electronic submission to OSHA’s ITA.
Here’s some additional ways VelocityEHS’ Safety Management Solution simplifies key workplace safety tasks:
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) Access: Make companywide SDS right-to-know access and site-specific chemical inventory management simple and easy with VelocityEHS’ MSDSonline Chemical Management system.
- Job Safety Analysis: Systematically and easily complete JSAs/JHAs to evaluate job task hazards, prioritize risks for follow-up, and assign responsibilities.
- Incident Management: Document and investigate all types of workplace incidents, including near hits and recordable illnesses and injuries, maintain OSHA logs, and easily complete and submit electronic 300A injury and illness summary reports—all with online and offline mobile capabilities.
- Inspections: Easily schedule workplace inspections, create and deploy interactive checklists for individual facilities and operations, complete inspections from anywhere using your mobile device, then instantly assign follow-up actions to verify safety and compliance.
- Safety Meetings: Easily schedule and track meetings, assign meeting roles, log meeting minutes, for easy reference, set up automated notifications for attendees, track pending topics and agendas, and monitor action item status.
- Action Management: Capture and manage all of the action items generated from your incident investigations, inspections, safety meetings and JSAs in one centralized location on the cloud, enabling easier access and reporting. Automatically notify assigned personnel send automated notifications when actions are upcoming or past due.
- Dashboards and Interactive Reports: Quickly view key safety metrics anytime, anywhere to drive better decision making. Create customized reports and schedule distribution to ensure data reaches the right people, right when they need it.
The VelocityEHS Safety Management Solution gives you the simplicity of use, control and visibility you need to improve safety management and build a stronger EHS culture.
For more information about best practices for managing safety in manufacturing environments and the ways that software can help, please feel free to check out our upcoming webinar “Simplifying Safety Management in Manufacturing: How EHS Software Can Help During COVID-19 and Beyond," on September 17, 2020 from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. ET.
Let VelocityEHS Help!
We’re always happy to talk to you about the ways our software can help you improve safety management in your workplace. Please feel free to visit our Safety Management Solution page for more information, or contact us anytime.