Breathe Safely with Respiratory Protection Training
Failure to provide necessary respiratory protection is one of the most common workplace safety violations, often resulting in significant noncompliance fines and devastating effects on employees’ health. VelocityEHS offers a Respiratory Protection safety training course as part of our On-Demand Training course library, designed to help you ensure compliance and protect your employees? Read on to learn more.
Workplace Respiratory Safety – Key Facts:
- Improper protection from exposure to harmful dusts, fogs, smokes, mists, gases, vapors, and sprays can cause serious, often fatal, conditions such as cancer and lung disease.
- OSHA estimates that 5 million U.S. workers are required to wear respirators in 1.3 million workplaces.
- Respiratory protection violations consistently rank near the top of OSHA's annual list of top 10 workplace violations, taking the #4 spot in 2018 with more than 3,100 citations.
- Federal OSHA citations for violations of its Respiratory Protection Standard (29 CFR 1910.134) totaled more than $2.9 million across industries from October 2017 through September 2018 alone.
Simplify Safety and Compliance with On-Demand Training
The Respiratory Protection On-Demand Training course from VelocityEHS provides training on respiratory hazards, protection methods, and safe work practices designed to protect against hazardous airborne contaminants in the work environment. Coverage includes:
- Employee and employer responsibilities
- The operation, limitations and capabilities of respirators
- Respirator selection procedures
- Proper respirator use and inspection, maintenance, cleaning, and storage practices
- How to recognize respirator malfunction and the correct follow-up procedures