VelocityEHS Webinar: Lean & Safe Integrating Safety Management and Process Improvement
Why are safety and productivity goals often perceived to be in conflict?
Sponsored by VelocityEHS, this webinar features guest speaker Mr. Damon Nix, project manager for Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute. It will clarify why for safety professionals, the best path to ending the perceived conflict between safety and productivity is not victory, but making peace.
Learn how to:
• Identify processes with high potential for cross-departmental collaboration
• Explain how unsafe conditions and operational wastes correlate and how to eliminate them simultaneously
• Discuss how to use Lean principles to access the highest levels of hazard control
• Demonstrate how to reduce inter-organizational conflict and undesirable tradeoffs
• Discuss how EHS systems contribute to elevate visibility and increase collaboration
Click here to access the webinar recording and the slide deck.
About Damon Nix:
Prior to his current position, Mr. Nix worked as a Safety Specialist with Georgia Tech’s Occupational Safety and Health Consultation Program. There he provided industrial safety and ergonomic assistance to small businesses throughout Georgia. Mr. Nix continues to serve an instructor and course developer for Georgia Tech’s OSHA Training Institute Education Center. Mr. Nix holds a B.S. degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology as well as a Master of Divinity from Mercer University.
About Patrick Lizotte:
Patrick is a Senior Sales Consultant at VelocityEHS. With a background in sustainability, Patrick has utilized his passions for aiding businesses develop and grow their operations to be more environmentally conscious. Patrick holds a Bachelor of Commerce from Concordia University and a graduate degree in Management and Sustainable Development from the University of Montreal Business School.