Product Review: Bahco LathKo
Bahco LathKo 450-80
Bahco has developed a unique tool to help construction workers with roofing operations. The company estimates the tool makes the work of placing laths 40% faster than other conventional methods. The improved lath tool has adjustable features that allow gripping all types of roofing laths, eliminating the need for multiple lath template use. Also the LathKo follows the recommended ergonomic design guidelines for tool handle design:
- Handle length is 3.8"- 6.0"
- Handle diameter is 1.2" – 1.7"
- Tool weight is a maximum of 4 lb
- Handle span fully closed is a minimum of 2"
- Handle span fully opened is a maximum of 3.5"
Ergonomic Benefits and Features:
- The PVC coated handle gives a comfortable, firm and non-slip grip.
- The tool weighs 1 lb., making it easy to carry and handle when climbing and standing on roofs.
- The strong grip of the jaws avoids laths from slipping.
- Jaws adjust between 25 and 80 mm, making it applicable to several roofing conditions.
- The distinct groove knobs make the adjustment easy without using any tool.
- The tool has a built-in scale that allows fine tunes in measurement displays (up to 455 mm).
- The in-built loop enables the worker to hang the tool at the belt.
- Tool only comes with an inline handle when a pistol grip handle is preffered on vertical work surfaces.
VelocityEHS does not endorse any of the products or companies featured in the reviews. All images are property of the vendor and used for illustrative reference only.